Through experience we found that it was difficult to find a centralized resource of information. Here is a collection of information that we hope will save you some searching.
The mission of the American Heart Association "is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. That single purpose drives all we do. The need for our work is beyond question"
A national, non-profit organization focused on pediatric cardiomyopathy, a chronic disease of the heart muscle. CCF is dedicated to accelerating the search for cures while improving diagnosis, treatment, and quality of life for children affected by cardiomyopathy.
The region's only independent health care system dedicated solely to the health and well-being of children.
- The Herma Heart Center is rated #5 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
- Level I Children's Surgery Center as verified by the American College of Surgeons
Donate Life America is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit alliance of national organizations and state teams across the United States committed to increasing organ, eye and tissue donation.
- It is estimated that nearly 30,000 patients began new lives in 2015 thanks to organ transplants (from 8,500 deceased and 6,000 living donors)
- Sadly, 8,000 people die each year - 22 people each day - because the organs they need are not donated in time.
The Pediatric Heart Transplant Study (PHTS) is dedicated to the advancement of the science and treatment of children during listing for and following heart transplantation.
The purposes of the PHTS are to establish and maintain an international database for heart transplantation, to use the database to encourage and stimulate basic and clinical research in the field of pediatric heart transplantation, and to promote new therapeutic strategies.
"Our mission is to advance organ availability and transplantation to support patients through education, technology and policy development." ~ UNOS
- 122,000+ people are waiting for a life saving organ transplant in the U.S. (UNOS)
- Register to become a donor